Get involved with TRU’s tobacco-free movement by registering your TRU Groups today!
Who Should Join TRU?
All youth between the ages of 12-18 who want to see a totally tobacco-free Pennsylvania!
TRU Youth Activities
- Attend fun and informative TRU leadership workshops
- Work with other TRU members on developing advocacy & educational goals
- Arrange and attend TRU events (known as TRU Storms)
- Actively recruit new members to TRU
- Work with the American Lung Association in Pennsylvania on important health-related issues
- Educate their peers about the dangers of tobacco and nicotine addiction and expose the lies of Big Tobacco
- Help youth quit smoking/vaping
- Save lives by helping PA youth stay tobacco-free
- Make their voices heard on public policy issues regarding tobacco and nicotine
TRU Member Benefits
- Meet youth from around the state
- Help create a statewide movement that will change the way youth think about tobacco
- Participate in advocacy, educational & volunteer opportunities that benefit members personally and professionally
- Develop leadership skills youth will use now and at college
- Connect with youth who have similar interests and ambitions
- Learn to develop and utilize your talents
- Cultivate a positive, purposeful identity
- Play an important role in keeping Pennsylvania tobacco-free