Tobacco Resistance Unit (TRU)
The Tobacco Resistance Unit is a movement throughout all of Pennsylvania to help youth, ages 12 to 18, stay tobacco- and nicotine- free. It’s time that young Pennsylvanians get serious about exposing BIG TOBACCO and its marketing lies. TRU aims to prevent and stop youth tobacco use through education. A statewide movement, TRU is managed by the Pennsylvania Alliance to Control Tobacco (PACT) and the American Lung Association in Pennsylvania.
TRU’s VisionTRU’s Vision is for all Pennsylvania youth to be tobacco- and nicotine-free.
TRU’s MissionTRU’s Mission is to protect Pennsylvania’s youth from all tobacco and nicotine products, through community outreach, education, prevention and cessation.
- Educate young Pennsylvanians about the dangers of tobacco and nicotine addiction and expose BIG TOBACCO’S marketing lies
- Grow TRU – Recruit your friends as TRU members through community outreach
- Make TRU’s Mission visible and increase participation in the movement in your region
- Host fun youth programs that ensure increased participation in the TRU movement
- Keep TRU around for years to come and to help stop tobacco use in Pennsylvania
- Monitor and influence public policy related to all tobacco and nicotine products
- Help youth who smoke QUIT – promote cessation through the N-O-T Not On Tobacco (N-O-T)