Join TRU Today! Here’s why…
- Educate your peers about the dangers of tobacco and nicotine addiction and expose the lies of Big Tobacco
- Help youth who smoke QUIT
- Save lives
- Make your voice heard on public policy issues regarding tobacco and nicotine
Wanted – TRU Youth Members!
Calling all Pennsylvania youth 12-18.
TRU invites applications from all students between 12-18 interested in participating in this extraordinary leadership opportunity. Working closely with the Youth Statewide Coordinator and the American Lung Association in Pennsylvania, TRU members will:
- Attend fun and informative TRU leadership workshops
- Work with other TRU members on developing TRU goals
- Arrange and attend TRU events (TRU Storm)
- Actively recruit new members to TRU
- Work with the American Lung Association in Pennsylvania on important health-related issues
All youth between the ages of 12-18 who want to see a totally tobacco-free Pennsylvania!
How will you benefit from joining TRU?
- Meet youth from around the state
- Help create a statewide movement that will change the way youth think about tobacco
- Volunteering will benefit you personally and professionally
- Attain and develop leadership skills you’ll use now and at college
- Connect with youth who have similar interests and ambitions
- Learn to develop and utilize your talents and the talents of others
- Cultivate a positive, purposeful identity
- Play an important role in keeping Pennsylvania tobacco- and nicotine-free
Wanted – TRU Adult Advisors!
Are you a teacher, counselor, parent or a community leader interested in keeping our youth tobacco-free? Sounds like you are ready to start a TRU Unit! Here’s how!
- Start with an engaged, enthusiastic youth
- Target the kids you already know
- Have each TRU member recruit a buddy